AGFIRST EMERGENCY SWITCHBOARD
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank in Columbia serves 20 financial cooperatives in 15 states and Puerto Rico and the Data Center is the hub.
- August 13, 2011: a City underground water line failed flooding the basement where the Data Center was located to a depth of 34 inches permanently damaging the building’s main electrical service equipment and de-energizing both normal commercial power and emergency power to the entire building.
- August 14, 2011: GWA met with AgFirst’s Executive Committee and Cashion Electricians to discuss plans for restoring permanent power.
Restoring permanent power would require a design schedule of 2 to 3 months with a construction schedule of 4 to 6 months using best-case manufacturing lead times.
Our rapid response and on-site design restored Data Center’s operations in less than 24 hours.
- August 15, 2011: We created a one-line diagram with specifications, contacted three equipment manufacturers, and had a commitment from GE with a delivery date “no later than August 31.”
GE produced the equipment in thirteen days.
- September 9, 2011: Commercial power was applied
- September 17, 2011: Permanent power was restored